Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipe - Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars

Oh my goodness, Thanksgiving is coming up quick!  I still need to plan this year’s menu!!  Here’s the last Thanksgiving recipe before the big feast.  While I was making my Thanksgiving dessert last year, Doug peeked over my shoulder and said "What is that? It doesn’t look good."  As with most husbands, he’s never right.  Sure enough, there were resounding mMmMmMMmmM’s after digging into these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars (drizzled with warm caramel and topped with freshly whipped cream).

The recipe is from Paula Deen…so be ready to throw two sticks of butter in.  Literally. The recipe doesn’t say anything about whip cream, but the picture shows some.  So with the help of Google, I decided to whip up my own.  All it takes is heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and a mixer.  I tried to whisk it by hand at first, until my arms could take no more.  And it was still liquid.  Nowhere near resembling whip cream.  So hand mixer is the way to go. 

I’ve made a few different types of cheesecakes, but this one is sooooo good and a perfect way to end a tummy busting meal.  Try it!  And don't forget to get your turkey this weekend!

0 comments: