Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY Halloween Monster Decorations

Originally I wasn’t going to decorate for Halloween. Which is such a slacker mom thing of me to do considering I loved decorating the house for Halloween as a kid. Now that my nephew and niece are joining us for the neighborhood Halloween parade tomorrow, I figured I should dress our place up to be more festive. Since it’s last minute and I don’t want to buy anything, I used leftovers from the Monster and MonSTAR parties to get some Halloween cheer going. Everything was done during nap time with materials I had on hand. When Mia woke up she said "Monsters everywhere!" Doug on the other hand said "There's a birthday party at my house." hmph, decorations make me happy J
Vase wrapped with yarn and googly eyes glued on to hold candy.
Mia's punnnnnnnkinnnsssssss J
Backgrounds for frames made with Sprik patterns and picnik.com (both FREE!)
Monster made with a wreath form, yarn pom monsters, leg warmers, Kira’s shoes, pipe cleaners (antennae) and chopsticks (arms). Mia says “Hi monster” just about everyday J Styrofoam cones wrapped with yarn and googly eyes glued on.
Grocery store flowers.

Happy Halloween banner made with Sprik patterns and picnik.com, glued to black ric rac.  

I hope the kids like it!

linked up here:

1 comments:

The Nomadic Bookworm said...

You are so creative!!! Love all the decorations you made! :-)